Monday, January 4, 2010

The next three months of my life...

I am not a devoted blogger in any sense of the word and I need something to keep me posting fascinating tid bits of my life for all to hear so this does not turn into another failed attempt at some sort of journaling. Thus this blog is devoted mainly to all of my marvelous adventures in fascinating Spain!

I will be staying in Alcalá, a town about 10 minutes outside of Madrid, and studying at the University of Alcalá, one of the oldest universities in Europe. I will be exploring this country through BYU and with my fabulous friend Megan; a girl I have known a little over a year and whom I can always laugh my head off with. Her and I have both been dreaming of doing a study abroad in Spain since high school (not together, we just lucked out in finding each other) and I cannot believe it is finally here! Lucky for us we get to stay together with a family in Alcalá.

I am scared out of my mind for being completely immersed in a culture I do not know a great deal about and one in which my knowledge of the language is minimal. However I am so excited for this opportunity and hopefully by the time I get back I will be speaking with a lisp and conjugating Spanish verbs like there's no tomorrow!

I'm very grateful that I am able to go to this amazing country and I look forward to the extraordinary adventures I'll be having in el país de España! Qué macanudo!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwww:) You are THE best! I'm soooo excited that we're finally doing this!
    PS..I feel like we should have some sort of celebration for entering the blogging world..
    PSS...I love that you used the phrase "Que maquenudo" in your very first post. You done me proud girrrrl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete